Thursday, 22 May 2014

Introducing BB


The Bot and I are on a bit of a 'life milestone' roll at the mo...in the past 1 1/2 years we've got married, bought our first flat and emigrated to America. So it made sense that we keep up the momentum...and in November we'll be welcoming the newest member of our clan, BB aka Baby Bot. And this is definitely the one we're least prepared for!

Being pregnant is a whole new ballgame. But so far my experience is this:

PROS
Big boobs
Lots of nap time
Guilt-free Nutella eating

CONS
Nausea - if you'd brought a pickle or some garlic near me in the past 3 months i'd have knocked you out
No alcohol - I guess this is also a plus as i'm totally hangover free but I am missing my G&T
Excessive peeing
My body resembles a map of all the world's rivers (50% extra blood = crazy veins)

I've also discovered that 90% of my wardrobe is going to be pretty much unusable for the next 6 months...damn you 50s and your accentuated waists! But hello maternity shopping! I'll be sharing weekly photos from here on in to document my ever expanding belly and how on earth you dress yourself without an unlimited budget, personal stylist and personal dressmaker. Watch this space.

Happy Thursday y'all xxx





The breakdown
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Kate Kanzier
Watch: Olivia Burton
Necklace: my grandmother's
Sunnies: M&S

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, this is such exciting news!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Huge, huge congratulations what a couple of years!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like the best part of being pregnant will be the generously stretchy maternity pants lol. I'm much closer to buying my first pair than I am to actually meeting someone worth procreating with haha. Congrats to you both! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx