Wednesday, 9 October 2013

You like to-may-toes and I like to-mah-toes


The weather has finally cooled down here.  Yes, I have been complaining about the weather, i'm British after all. But 30C in October is just crazy.  Yes, it's great to not have to worry about needing to grab a cardigan on your way out, but it's October and I want to start layering up. So this is hopefully my last summer post.  

In other news, I'm continually amazed by how difficult my accent is for Americans to understand sometimes. I mean, we are speaking the same language, come on!  Case in point...tomato, water, tuna and my name.  You say either of these little words to an American and they look at you like you're mad.  Try repeating it and the situation gets worse. The only way around is to put on your best American accent and hey presto, they get it. The first time I thought they'd go from thinking I was mad to auditioning for a part on 90210.  But it works. 

You like to-may-toes and I like to-mah-toes.  Take it away Ella and Louis. x



 The breakdown
Top: v old present with sleeves and neck cut off
Skirt: v old Urban Outfitters
Trainers: Converse
Watch: Swatch
Bracelets: presents
Earrings: Anthropologie






1 comment:

  1. I was in America a few weeks ago and this situation constantly amused me... until the aluminium debate... Then it was SERIOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx