|14th Street and U, our new home|
So, it's finally happened. We have crossed the Atlantic and landed slap bang in the middle of Washington DC. And we're loving it.
We quickly realised that you need make a big life choice when you decide to live in this country; accept obesity or exercise hard. We've gone for the latter...but our decision is subject to change at any time.
So what have we discovered so far...
- Sting was right when he described himself as a legal alien...until we get our social security number we are aliens and pretty much can't do sh*t
- This town is full of fakes...food that is. It's imitation city. 'Real' food can quickly be identified by labels such as "all natural" or "in the raw"
- Driving on the wrong side of the road is bloody hard. Thanks god for wide roads. Some road signs would be appreciated however
- We are the only straights in the village (ref. first picture above)
- Everyone has a dog - seriously. We live in a big apartment block and i'd say 90% of the residents have one. And we're not talking miniature dogs here, we've got full-sized dalmatians and one dog so big I swear he can kill with his eyes
- Rooftop pools are the NUTS. We've got views all over the city...i'm not entirely sure how we've managed to wangle an apartment with a rooftop pool but i'm going with it until we get kicked out
- A British accent gets you noticed
Until then, y'all have a nice day now x