Monday, 6 August 2012

DIY: Curtain cushions







Cushions...not the most exciting craft project, i'll admit.  But these cushions have been on my to-do list for a while.


Why?  Because they are made from my gran's curtains from the 1960s and 1970s.  Vintage at it's best.


Best of all, I discovered that making cushions out of curtains rather than material saves soooooo much time because most of the edges are already hemmed.  I'm a lazy sewer (no test samples for me) so this suited me to a tee.  You can find second hand curtains at most charity shops - just make sure you give 'em a hot wash first :-)


I used these cushion inners from Ikea at £4 a pop.
This is my button box.  Every time a I buy a top/dress/coat I pop the spare button in here.  And i've never used a single one...until now.  And now it's totally justified.














Now you'll need to mark where you want your button holes to go and pop these in.  I can't give much more instruction on this because I used my AUTOMATIC BUTTONHOLE MAKER for the first time and it was the NUTS.  Pop your button in the special foot thing, line it up, press start.  And hey presto, a button hole. Amazing.

End result...some rad vintage cushions that totally justified gran keeping hold of her curtains for 50 years.








p.s. what a weekend for Team GB in the Olympics.  Three gold medals in one hour.  Get in!


Happy Monday, folks x

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did to those old curtains of your Grandma. It's looking really pretty. I love the blue color. It does seem to have a vintage look which adds to it's beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx