Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Happy New Year one and all





Well Happy blooming New Year to you all!


I don't know about you but i'm really looking forward to getting back into some sort of normal routine. Whereas Christmas was spent catching up with family and eating till I burst, New Years Eve was spent boozing, dancing the night away at Norman Jay's Good Times at Battersea Arts Club with friends, followed by a 48 hour lockdown at home. Oh yes, it's been a good two weeks.  And I even managed to squeeze in making a skirt (blog post coming soon). So of course all my plans for lovely end of year round up on the blog and promises of all the things i'm going to achieve in 2012 went out the window. Pffff, life is for living, and i've had a fab couple of weeks, and I hope you have too!




This is my New Years Eve outfit.  If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I left getting an outfit until the last minute, at usual, so spent a fun two hours running round the shops trying to pull something together.  And low and beyond it was Primark who came to the rescue.  Yup, minus the shoes this whole ensemble is Primarni. I was going for a Madonna meets Desperate House Wife vibe.  The Bot wasn't entirely sure about the whole 'underwear as outerwear' and the boys continued to make jokes at my expense, "So, are you gonna get dressed before we go out, blah blah blah blah".  They were just jealous they couldn't go out in their pants.

And so normal life resumes. As is tradition the Bot and I always take the first working day of the year off so another day of slothing lies ahead for me.  But for the rest of you, I hope your first day back at work isn't too painful. xx











The breakdown
Top: Primark, £9
Scarf worn as belt: Primark, £3
Skirt: Primark, £6
Shoes: New Look, £25


The New Years Eve crew

14 comments:

  1. Your outfit is fab! Good old Primark - wish I lived closer to one - but maybe I don't as I would be in there every weekend spending money haha! Happy New Yr x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! It looks so much classier than Primark! It just shows that it's all about how you put it together.

    Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, hello foxy lady! Don't you look gorgeous! Hope you had a great night and that this year is your best yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning, love the scarf belt, would never have thought to do that! And i really like the tan shoes, they just go really well!!
    Rachel :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt and scarf combo is so cool!really smart idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look you put together! Goodness I miss Primark- wish we had it in the states :(
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!!

    You look fantastic and I can't believe you ate that much, you look trim!!

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe that outfit consists of any Primark. Looks fab. Teeny waist!
    Also, love the hair.
    Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this outfit! I wanted that Primark skirt but it sold out :( Such a bargain price for the whole outfit and it looks expensive.

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making me miss Primark like crazy......great top.......are we following each other yet?!?! Cause we should and I am.......xx


    hushhushcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like I've got to visit Primark!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks like you had a great time!

    the red skirt looks good ;)


    X the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    have a visit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx