Friday, 25 November 2011

F&F at Tesco S/S 2012 press day



I'm not gonna lie.  I've been tardy this week. I attended the F&F at Tesco press day last Tuesday. LAST TUESDAY. Damn it.  Still, better late than never, eh? (does that phrase actually make anyone, anyone feel better.  Thought not).


Ok, enough rambling.  On to the show. Approaching the Oxo Tower from the banks of the Thames where the wind was briskly swirling around my being, we scaled the stairs and were transported into the wonderful land of F&F.  Moving from one rail to another we took in the tribal-inspired range with its geometric and animal prints, and imagined we too could do safari-chic as well as Meryl Streep in Out of Africa.  


Next, the Great Gatsby collection.  A whirlwind of romantic pieces inspired by the 20s and 30s, brimming with ruffles and lace.  Think pretty blouses and printed tea dresses.  A big hit.


And so followed the modern graphic pieces which sat alongside the 80s inspired bold clashing colours.  One should never be afraid of colours again.


I was impressed. Super impressed.  The price points are incredibly low, most certainly affordable, but they haven't scrimped on the quality of the material.  These are very, very good value for money pieces.  They are on-trend but not fashiony, taking inspiration from the catwalk, but without being a slave.  And many, i'm sure, will become firm wardrobe staples.  Think New Look (but slightly classier) for the woman in her mid-20s and up.  


Good work F&F.  I'll be seeing you very soon.



Block colours with a side pleat.  Spot on.

























This tropical number with the 70s neck-tie would be perfect for strolling along the beach.  Preferably in the Caribbean.

Cute sleeveless blouses are ideal teamed with skinny jeans and brogues.

Ah the de rigour photo booth.  An essential component of any shindig in my humble opinion.




My fave skirt, from the tribal collection.  Add some heeled loafers, a cream shirt, fitted cardigan, handbag placed in the crook of your arm, and some glasses.  Office chic right there ladies.

If you're looking for great office pieces, you've come to the right place


Vintage sunnies, yes please.

Gatsby flapper.  Charleston, here we come.


Love, love, love this sunny polka dot dress.







Neutral woven clutch.  Want!








Colour me happy jeans.
Have wonderful weekends all.  And don't forget to enter my competition - you've got till Sunday, so be quick!


xx

9 comments:

  1. The yellow Polka dot dress is bloomin lovely! I need to get one of those!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds wonderful, and from your description, I think the Great Gatsby collection would be right up my alley! I LOVE love the yellow polka dot dress and, although just a sneak peek of it is visible, the beige top (I assume!) with the red butterfly/bow print! Plus, the picture with all the coloured jeans makes me really happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow polka dot dress is beautiful!
    Great blog, followed.
    Check out mine? http://bargeroni.blogspot.com/
    xxxxxxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of these
    that flapper Gatsby dress is the best
    what a great sellection

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleeveless blouse looks great, I'd team it with shorts and a humongous cardigan

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post! I really like that color block dress at the top and the black and tan patterned blouse. Great blog, following you no

    xoDale
    Thanks so much for entering my Versace giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I have never seen such lovely clothing at Tesco before!? I must have missed a trick somehow!? I want that very first colour block dress as it is gorgeous but I still cannot believe that is tesco!? I must investigate!!

    Thankyou for commenting on my blog! I am now a follower and have added your link to my blog list!

    Have a nice day :)

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many nice ieces...loving the top dress and the polka dot shirt!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that looks great!
    There are some amazing items among this post who I wouldn't mind having them :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx