Wednesday, 23 November 2011

And they called it, smart casual


Do you ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you're constantly playing catch up?  At work, at home, with friends, with life?  Ok, so this 'catch-up' is entirely my fault after a jam-packed weekend of partying, but it has made me think about things.  What do I value more at the weekend?  Partying and therefore slothing during the few short hours of sunshine.  Or do I prefer an early rise wherein I make the most of the few precious winter hours of sunshine, bumbling around markets, sewing, eating (proper food, not minstrels).

Ok, i'm being slightly melodramatic (those of you who know me in "real-life" will be used to this i'm sure).  I don't need to pick one over the other.  I'm never going to stop partying.  But what I am coming to terms with is that i'm growing up. As hard as it is to accept, i'm getting old.  Urgh.  Is this something that happens in your last year of your twenties?  Any advice?




Let me introduce you to my new friend, the roly poly.  He is my new BFF.  If like me you were cursed blessed with super fine hair you'll understand that trying to create a substantial looking bun is no easy feat.  You dream of the day when you wake to find your limp hair has transformed into Penelope Cruz-esk locks, that flow down your back.  Alas, that dream is yet to come true.  Enter the roly poly, or the doughnut as you may be more familiar with.  Pop you hair in a ponytail, pop on the roly poly and clip in place (so it becomes like a doughnut) and wrap your hair around.  Et voila, a nice substantial bun.  And the beauty of the roly poly is that you can also create gorgeous 1940s rolls too.  Genius.







The breakdown
Jacket: Primark, £12.50 (2010)
Shirt: Primark, £10 (2010)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters, £35
Tights: Matalan, £5
Shoes: from a little trip to Argentina
Bag: Forever 21, £19.95
Roly poly: Boots, £5.36
Watch: c/o Swatch

Oh, and don't forget to enter my competition to win your very own Scarves by Simpkins scarf!

Happy Wednesday folks xx

3 comments:

  1. Ilove my hair doughnut - so easy to use and my bun always looks great!

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get myself a doughnut, your hair looks fab!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx