When I stumbled across this post from the lovely Megan of ...love Megan I book-marked it immediately on my Pin Interest DIY board to do at a later date.
I re-created the look last weekend for my friend's wedding (totally cute having your ring finger sparkling in glitter. Let's be honest, i'd prefer a diamond but a girl has to make do with what she's got, right girls?). Whereas Megan had super-duper Martha Stewart glitter pens, I substituted the pen for a pot of glitter (£2 from my local craft store), which worked just as well. Typically, I forgot to take any pics, doh, but i'm now obsessed with re-creating glitter nails.
This is my latest creation - with just the tips of my little finger nails in glitter. It was actually the Bot's idea (he's getting so creative these days!).
You will need:
- Nail varnish
- A pot of glitter (or a glitter pen)
- Top coat
- Ramekin dish, or something similar
- Paint one or two coats of your chosen colour and leave to dry
- Paint just the tip of your little finger, leave for 20 seconds
- Hold you finger over your ramekin and sprinkle the glitter
- Blow the excess glitter off and leave to dry
- Add top coat to all nails, and two coats to your little finger
I think you'll be seeing a lot more variations on this theme, especially in the run up to Christmas!