Wednesday, 12 October 2011

CCC #7 - a newborn baby dress



Challenge #7 was a newborn baby dress for my friend's baby  As soon as I found out she was having a girl I knew exactly what my present was going to be!

I searched online and found this great tutorial from the wonderful Made by Rae. My heart literally melted when I saw the pattern, and I had some cute ditsy pink fabric left-over from another project which I knew would work perfectly.

What do you need?
  • Download the pattern here and follow the instructions
  • 1/2 metre or so of pretty fabric
  • 1/2 metre or so of contrasting fabric for the lining
  • Bias tape
  • Cord (or pre-made bias tape with cord)


Cut out pattern.  Attach it to the fabric.  Cut.




Once you've cut out your pieces, sew the skirt together to form a tube like so...

 
 
Attach fabric lining to bodice top x 2 (don't they look like little bunny ears?!)




Attach the skirt to the bodice, and gather, adding in the corded bias tape
 
Add the bias tape to the bottom edge of the dress


Et voila, one adorable bespoke little dress for the utterly gorgeous Summer Eden Palmer.  Welcome to the world baby girl!


And if you want to check out any of my previous creations, you can see them all here.

Happy Wednesday! xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a cute gift!! The dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh, how cute! I bet she will look adorable in that. What a lovely fabric as well. Thankyou for your comment xx

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new born baby is a heavenly gift given to the parents by the god. A baby comes in this world along with heavenly delight and joy for his or her parents, relatives and neighbors. Celebration of the event of the birth of a baby is usually done by gifting the baby and parents. But it is really tough to find a gift that will be perfectly suitable for the baby. Newborn clothing are always useful in these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty dress for newborn. Baby will look beautiful in this pretty dress. I like the work, thanx for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx