Friday, 5 August 2011

We'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow


Put this song on right now. Grab a cocktail. And relax.

Hmmm slightly blurry shots, sorry about that, it was late, the light was failing and my assistant was grumpy.  Also have to confess that I did not wear these shoes with this outfit, hell no.  I'm a flats girl by day, once in a blue moon will I wear heels during the day.  I honestly believe it's not actually possible unless you are being chauffeur-driven from venue to venue.I digress.  The shoes I actually wore with this outfit I left at work, becuase I cycle in my Converse and throw my 'real' shoes in my pannier, except I forgot to put the shoes in the pannier.  C'est la vie.


I love, love, love the swooshyness of this skrt.  I picked it up a couple of years ago at Beyond Retro in Bethnal Green for the bargainous price of £12.  At the time I wasn't quite sure if i'd actually wear it, I just loved the pattern.  Now it's become a firm fave in the wardrobe!



Sporting my latest fave hairdo for keeping cool in the summer - the Chelsea bun. Yes, my bun is a bit lacking in the fat department but that's what you get for having thin hair. I have to say i've avoided this hairstyle for quite a while, quite simply because I am in no way, shape or form one of those Chelsea girls.  Give me Essex any day!

  
Breakdown
Vest: H&M, price? I doubt it was more than a fiver
SKirt: vintage via Beyond Retro, £12
Shoes: ASOS, £40 ish
Poof: Anthropologie, £12
Pearl earrings: no idea!
 
And in other news, a shiny brand new vintage department store opens in London today, hooray! Blitz promises to deliver a huge range of vintage clothing and accessories, along with second-hand books, luggage and goodies.  And a cafe too.  Sounds like heaven. Located on Hanbury Street E1 (aren't they always?)

(source: Timeout)

Have wonderful weekends all.  I'm off on a photography course tomorrow on London's southbank so will hopefully be able to show off my new skills next week! Mwa x

7 comments:

  1. I love the skirt and shoes, so summery!
    And the vintage store looks great xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this outfit, that skirt is fantastic :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, do tell us about the photography course. I'll be very interested. Essex girls all the way if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a lovely skirt! And it does go rather well with the shoes. I sort of want to get one and parade around my flat with a teacup and saucer in my hand? Odd but true

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great look ! so perfect for now . I loooove your shoes ! they make your legs so long !

    following !

    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx