Monday, 15 August 2011

Like a burnt orange


Helloooooo co-ordination, so nice to meet you.  Very rarely am I this co-ordinated, but when the lovely girls at Primark offered to send me these matching shoes and clutch I couldn't resist.  When they arrived at my office the girls cood, and rightly so.  The gorgeous suede with the ever-so autumnal colour combination of burgundy and burnt orange - these bad boys are going to be firm favourites in my wardrobe this autumn.  And seeing as we're having such a shocking summer, I can wear them now, yay! Oh, and did I mention the clutch is a budget-busting £5 and the shoes a cool £18.  I know, it would be rude not to, right?


I wore this outfit for my dinner date with the Bot - we had the most incredible food at Maze, one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants. We ate the most delicious pork belly, duck, fish and more on the tasting menu.  I really loved the vibe of the restaurant; not at all stuffy and the waiters were lovely.  I'd bought a couple of vouchers via Travelzoo (they have some fab holiday bargains, but sometimes have restaurant deals) while the Bot was in hospital in April so it was great to finally use them and treat ourselves.



Can I also just say how much i'm loving the midi length skirts that are everywhere at the mo.  It's such a flattering look, especially if you're a classic pear-shape like me; showing off the waist while ever-so-kindly gliding over the hips, allowing the eye to focus on the ankle.  And don't think this is just a look for those tall kids.  I'm 5"3, so trust me; it works on us little folk too.








The breakdown
Top: Primark, £12 ish
Skirt: New Look, £24.99 (belt included)
Shoes: c/o Primark, £18
Clutch: c/o Primark, £5
Ring: House of Harlow (prize)
Earrings: present


Oh, and if you're wondering about the hair, check out the super-cool Casey of Elegant Musings and her ace tutorial.  This lady oozes vintage glamour, thank you Casey!

Happy Monday folks xx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colours, the skirt is beautiful and the shoes made me go WOW. Love it.
    And your hair looks great to. So good work! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! I must have the skirt and a big giant WOW to them shoes! The whole outfit works so great, and perfect with the piercing blue in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely outfit! The colors are really nice :) I want your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! Love all the shades you have on!

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous colours here! I love the midi, I'm tempted to get myself one, I'm about 5'3 also, and thought they'd drown me, but it suits you so well! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are gorgeous! You should enter that ASOS style comp here: http://fashionfinder.asos.com/competitions/how-will-you-wear-it-6

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome outfit!!! It takes some courage to pull off orange! It's also made me really want to try giving a midi skirt a go. I too am pear shaped, and have the confidence to wear dresses that length, but thought a skirt might drown me for some reason! I shall now give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic, I love these colours together :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stop bending over in your posts, its making a young man very hot under collar ! hang on....second thoughts.....dont ! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx