Monday, 1 August 2011

I could spend my life by the sea and be a pretty happy lady





Yes, I disappeareed again, sorry about that, but I hope you enjoyed my little festival video in the meantime!

These are some pics we took last Tuesday over on the Isle of Wight.  Every year to remember my dad who passed away in 2009 I take a ferry to the Isle of Wight with my mum and the Bot.  We throw roses into the sea and then have a slap-up lunch somewhere on the island.  It's a lovely way for us to remember him with happy memories, and this year we were blessed with sunshine which meant lots of frolicking on the beaches!






My very yummy mummy






This seafood platter was the nuts.





Me and madre


The breakdown
Dress: Vintage, £35
Belt: Primark, £1.50
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins, £25
Bag: Vintage, £4
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters, £15


I hope you've been enjoying the sunshine this weekend if you're in the UK.  I had a fab weekend, day-tripping in Brighton with the girls on Saturday and finally having a BBQ at home on Sunday with friends.  Life is good, long may the good weather continue!

Happy Monday my lovelies, and hello to some of my newest followers: Victoria, Daisy, Vicky, Gemma, Laura, Katy, another Laura, Amy and SarahLou.  I hope i'll be seeing lots more of you soon! xxx

p.s. I could really do with you support in the Matalan blogger's style challenge.  If you have a moment please take the time to vote.  Thanking you xx

9 comments:

  1. I love this post. Obviously a sad day for you all but you looked as if it was a good day too, lots of happy memories:)

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tradition to remember your dad, i'm so glad you had a good day. the seafood platter does indeed look nuts! plus i adore what you are wearing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and I love the dress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pics and i love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics! My Welsh home is 5 mins from the sea ... ahh... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I say 'Welsh' I mean 'family' lol, I'm in London now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, you crack me up Lara! x

    Thank you to everyone else for your lovely comments, very sweet of you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. loooooove the pics ! you have a nice blog, wanna follow each other ?

    have you seen my latest look?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a lovely tradition! It looks like you had a lovely day too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx