Wednesday, 31 August 2011

First step to a transitional wardrobe


These photos were taken a few weekends ago.  A load of us decended on a lovely pub, The Water Poet, in Shoreditch.  It rained hard all day and then the sun decided to make an appearance.  Anyway, I realised that although I live in London, I rarely take shots when i'm 'out-and-about' in London, normally because I leave my camera at home because i'm drinking and can't be trusted.  Anyway, i've digressed at usual. 

Did you have a good bank hol English readers?  I had a fab time at Notting Hill carnival, although I have to say that I did miss Norman Jay's Good Times bus, there was a noticeable gap!






Just a quick one on the outfit.  As the weather becomes more and more unpredictable as we enter autumn, it's all about adapting your wardrobe and making it transitional.  But without spending a fortune!  This is my beloved maxi that I wore on every chance I could this summer because it's so comfy.  It's not the most practical dress for autumn (any other ladies fancy going braless at 5 degrees?  Thought not) however, the colour is perfect for autumn.  So, add a quick denim shirt, and hey presto, the dress acts as a skirt, and no-one has to know about the bra keeping everything in place under the shirt! Dreamy.


The breakdown
Dress: New Look, £24.99
Shirt: H&M, £14.99
Scarf (tied to bag): Warehouse, present
Shoes: present from mum
Necklace, via Spitalfields market, £10 

And a little pic of the grumpy Bot - see what I have to put up with?



Make sure you check the blog later this week when i'll be lauching a very exciting competition!
xx

3 comments:

  1. great dress,lovely photo's love the street pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures :) The dress is gorgeous, definitely transitional! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours there..O for Autumn!I even keep my maxi dresses going through winter! Easily wearing some stockings underneath to keep cosy while maintaining the festive summer spirit that a floor length skirt can bring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx