Thursday, 2 June 2011

Gonna ride my bike until I get home


Hello, hello, apologies for the little absence.  My sabbatical is now in full swing and suddenly my days are getting filled with lots of fun things to do and i'm loving it! I now understand how people sans jobs fill their days - I spent a full 9 hours yesterday getting my hair cut and shopping in the west end.  I was exhausted! 

On Saturday the Bot and I went on a little trip and cycled from Balham all the way to Hampton Court along the Thames tow path.  I honestly felt like I was on holiday, and I certainly never realised how much was going on down by the river.  There were loads of people cycling, running, walking, sailing, canoeing and even a regatta taking place in Richmond, so we stopped and watched a few of the races.  

The great thing about being on the Thames path is that there are no hills, thank goodness.  I cycle to work most days but my Pashley just isn't cut out for hills, a bit like me!  So it was flat for pretty much all of the 21 miles.  We stopped off for a spot of lunch in Richmond (it's amazing how much of an appetite you work up!) and snaffled some amazing German sausages, and arrived at the Bot's parents' house just in time for some dinner!  It took us just over 4 hours in total, including a 45 min stop for lunch.  If you live in or around London, I can't recommend this enough!













Now, I have to confess that I had no idea what to wear on this cycle. My only item of 'proper' cycling gear is a full on poncho rain cape which covers me pretty much from head to toe when it rains.  It's not exactly stylish, but sometimes I have to accept that function takes precedence over fashion once in a while.  And yes, i'm fully aware that my converse are hideously dirty, but I forgot to take my old trainers to the Isle of Wight last weekend when cleaning the boat.








The breakdown
Top: Primark, £12 ish
Trousers: Primark: £15
Converse: £35 via Schuh


Big kisses my lovelies xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love that first picture! It looks like you were having so much fun!
    Oh, happy (belated) first blog birthday! My blog's birthday is today!! It's such an exciting moment, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun! ^^
    Lovely outfit btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx