Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Pleat me up


I was all excited on Saturday.  The boy was coming home, i'd made a little sign to greet him at the airport. I'd spent the journey being fed fruit by my dear friend Wehrle (pronounced Wur-Lee, in case you're wondering) and singing to classic tunes such as Shine by Aswad.  Oh yes, Magic fm rules the airways when i'm driving! Oh, and the sun was shining. Life was good.

Anyway, I was completely exhausted after an eventful morning (i'd also tried on my bridesmaid dress for the final time before the big day next Sat) and so put my head down for a little nap. 3 HOURS LATER I awoke feeling even worse and the damn sun has disappeared.  I don't know about you but whenever the sun shines in England I cannot stay inside the house.  I think the fear that this may be our only day of summer, plus the desperate need to give my poor pale limbs some colour, means I have to be outside at all times.  So when I miss the sunshine completely it makes me very sad.

Anyway, long and short of it is, my nice sunny shots turned out to be not so bad slightly overcast shots instead.  I'm trying out a new section of the garden.  Think this could be my new fave place to take shots; outside, but still within the safety net of my fence. 

Note to self: must get braver at doing shots in the real world.




This is my second bargin-ous pleated skirt from eBay.  This beauty was only £4.40, and my polka dot skirt came in at a budget-busting £3.50!  Have you had any good steals on eBay recently?





The breakdown
Vest: Primark (2010), £10 ish
Skirt: vintage via eBay, £4.40
Shoes: New Look, £23.99
Hat: vintage via my gran
Belt: Primark, £1.50

6 comments:

  1. your skirt looks lovely - and the embellishments on your top! fabby :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww! love the skirt, the colour is beaut!
    the top is really pretty too ^_^
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detailing on the top is gorgeous!
    And the colour of the skirt looks great on you.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my article. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your skirt , its beautiful and what a bargain ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice skirt,love it, i'm so after a pleated dress after seeing Sex And The City 2 (carries dress is great too)never thought to look on ebay for one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx