Thursday, 24 March 2011

Matalan press day: high summer


On Tuesday evening I attended the Matalan 'high summer' press day on the roof terrace at the Sanctum Soho hotel. There I was transported to a tropical wonderland of sumptuous summer prints, washed down with some ice cold bubbles.  Heavenly.























I absolutely adored the cute horse and bird prints.  I'm very partial to a horse print as it reminds me of my dear horse Buttons (he was the oldest horse in Britain at one point, but then he died) and the birds reminded me of some cute vintage fabric I saw a while back.  And i'm always partial to a bit of vintage in my life (be it inspired or genuine).



Now I know these owls are everywhere at the moment but how can you resist those big gawping eyes?















This floral number was my fave.  Floral, tie-front, vintage-esk and all for £12.  Get me that top now!











Ooo, they have lots of jumpsuits in store at the moment - this is pyjama-chic at its best.  Rock that 70s trend by throwing on a floppy sun hat and mahoosive platform wedges and you're done.  Actually, throw in a Pina Colada and then you're done.


More cute ditsy prints.  Actually one of the Matalan girls was telling me that they don't re-use the same prints across the whole collection, which I thought was pretty cool.  Especially if like me you're slightly addicted to florals, that means you get basically get your entire floral wardrobe here and you won't be repeating yourself on the prints. Lovely.


Totally fell in love with this Roman-esk coin necklace



Ooo and what do you think of my nails?  The lovely ladies at Barry M were giving everyone a manicure and I couldn't resist getting in on the crackle band wagon.  I know, I know this isn't exactly a new phenomenon but whenever I try to buy the stuff it's sold out.  This is a mushroom base with the black crackle overlay.  Rad or what.  And it's still going strong two days later. Love it.

Thank you to everyone at Matalan, Yellow Door and especially the lovely ladies at iProspect for looking after me so well!

Happy Thursday lovelies, I hope you're somewhere nice enjoying this gorgeous sunshine!
xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night, love the nail varnish i so need some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl necklace! Found your blog off another fashion website & so happy I did! Please swing by my blog if you have a chance.

    New post up about Bohemian Fashions!

    Following you, follow back? :)

    xoxo

    www.bouffantsandbarnacles.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx