Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Inspired by...A League Of Their Own

If you follow me on Twitter you'll know that I recently watched the fabulous 1992 film 'A League Of Their Own'. Set in the 1940s/50s it follows two sisters as they join the first ever all women's baseball league in the US, as the men have all gone to war.  It stars Geena Davies, Madonna, Tom Hanks and Lori Petty amongst others and is frickin awesome.


I spent most of the filming wishing I could dress EXACTLY the way they did.  I think the 1950s is my favourite decade of them all; pretty tea dresses contrasting with tough masculine brogues and everything nipped at the waist.  Perfect.  

So if you fancy injecting a little 1950s into your wardrobe check out these little beauties.  I've already ordered the brogues - watch this space for an outfit post with these cuties very soon!  

Topshop denim knot shirt, £18 / Miss Selfridge trousers, £35
New Look feather bowler hat, £12.99
Trollied Dolly tea dress (via Not on the high street), £47
Kate Kanzier Izzie brogues, £25

Happy Tuesday my lovelies xx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS FILM....makes me want to be one of those fabulously sporty ladies when in reality the most exercise I get is lifting a glass of wine to my lips...!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! the dress looks so so lovely!!

    xx, Sabinna and David

    broken-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx