Wednesday, 16 March 2011

How do you wear yours?

I've been growing my hair for a while now.  I've always dreamt about long flowing locks but after years of bleaching and straightening it never seemed possible.  Anyway, thanks to my lovely hairdresser and investing in some killer products (I swear by Redken) my hair is finally growing.  Which of course means I want to cut it. Isn't that always the way?

So in order to 'spice up' my hair without cutting or colouring it i've been looking for new things to do with it.

1. Cinnamon rolls - sound delicious already, huh?

I found this tutorial over at A Cup of Jo - if you don't read her blog already you are missing out.  Full of inspiring images, bits and bobs, this New Yorker has a great eye for detail.
Back to the hair! This is a great little up do that takes minutes to do and looks really cute.  Check out Jo's blog for the full instructions, but in short you split your hair in three and twist each section up and pin.

What d'ya think?
from the side
from behind

2. Loose waves

The second tutorial comes from another blogger, the fabulous Orchid Grey, another one from across the pond.  It's not too dissimilar from the above, except the buns are the 'before' rather that the 'result'.  Make sense?  Nah, didn't think so!

In order to inject some waves into your hair you need to do the following:
1. Wash you hair
2. Dry it so it's about 90% dry
3. Twist your hair into two buns (or three, whatever takes your fancy) and leave.  Potter, make breakfast, cycle to work...
4. Release the buns et voila

Yup, this is how I did my hair t'other day.  What I like is that is doesn't look too 'done' - know what I mean?

I'm always on the look-out for easy ways to make my hair look more interesting so if you know of any tutorials or have any tips to share let me know.  Oooo and then I can try them out and post them here.  Share the hair love people!

Happy hair and happy Wednesday lovelies xx

6 comments:

  1. i love love that cinnamon buns look - so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first one, I might give it a try soon! I really love victory rolls - I did it for new year, bit frustrating to do but looks amazing when it works! I used this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFS-LUKk-co

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love braids, all sorts of braids , but the bun do' is pretty sweet too!
    hope you're having a good week so far
    thanks for stopping by me
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE NEW HEADER! :D
    i curl my hair with a round brush every time i dry it :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cinnamon rolls! I'm in the same place right now, my hair is damageddd from all I've done to it but I'm determined to grow it out! any product suggestions? :]

    peace & love, shabby
    http://lapoubelleverte.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's so cool (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx