Monday, 21 March 2011

Craft show - Olympia

A paper-covered giraffe

How were your weekends, lovelies?

This weekend was full-on crafting, which I loved!  On Saturday I went to the Stitch & Craft show at Olympia.  As expected there were quite a few 'naff' and 'older-style' craft stalls, but there were also some pretty rad ones too.

There were some amazing knitted goodies, including a tea cosy made of pom poms which I loved.  And I also had a go at knitting with the largest needles in the world!  The needles were so huge and I could barely lift them, but it was worth it - you paid £1 to have a go and all money raised goes to Breast Cancer Care.

I also picked up this amazing paper, Decoupage, which you can use to decorate bits of furniture.  I've already attacked a table I picked up for free - i'll be sharing the tutorial soon so watch this space!

Loving the huge button detail on this knitted bag

Pop art gets a knitted make-over

Natalie having a go on some giant needles

An incredible Polish lady who makes intricate paper cut outs

A pom pom tea cosy - how cute?

Me and the largest knitting needles in the world!

Happy Monday all xx

3 comments:

  1. wow! looks like fun :)
    the knitted warhol is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the pop art/Andy Warhol one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm looking forward to the decoupage tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx