Friday, 11 February 2011

Vintage is good, but vintage clothes from your gran are sumpremo



I love, love, love vintage - clothes, furniture, jewellery - something that has a story is so much more interesting, non?  And that is why i'm over the moon about this shirt.  As you know I went to visit my grandad a few weeks ago and while I was there had a little look through some of my gran's clothes. And boy did I hit the jackpot.  The shirt i'm wearing here was worn by my gran in 1978.  The reason I can pinpoint the exact year is because she wore this shirt, and a matching skirt, to my mum and dad's wedding in 1978.  Isn't that amazing?!  When I was telling my grandad that so much of my gran's clothes have come back in to fashion he thought I was mad!




The picture isn't great but here is my gran at my mum and dad's wedding in 1978, wearing the shirt!



I'm so digging the little fish pattern on the shirt

Now i'm not one for showing off, but how rad is my new bag?  It's from the new season collection at ASOS and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it.  I love briefcases, in particular my dad's which features on my blog header.  However I don't like to take his out for fear i'll break it, so this one answered all by bag desires. Chic, practical and damn sophisticated.  Love.










Breakdown
Shirt: vintage, via my gran
Jeans: BDG, $50 (ish)
Shoes: from Argentina, £70 (ish)
Bag, ASOS, was £32 (now £40)

Don't forget there is still time to enter my giveaway to win a gorgeous satchel bag and candle - get entering!

Have wonderful weekends my lovelies, see you next week! xx

6 comments:

  1. freakin' awesome outfit!
    love how the shirt has a past - thats always the best kind of clothes :)
    -Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Adore the print on that blouse, just gorgeous. Great choice on the bag, and the shoes look great with the outfit. Lovely style! Happy Friday! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing! That blouse has certainly held up well because it still looks fantastic. I love this outfit, very very chic, plus you look lovely!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nan passed on to me her 1950's crocodile skin bag. It is just beautiful! always a fan of being passed on something that has a bit of history.

    Lexie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx