Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside


On Saturday the Bot and I popped down to Hove for a wander around and a spot of lunch, so he kindly took a few shots on the beach.

Remember I said yesterday that i'm on a bit of a craft mission for 2011? Well a few weeks ago I joined a new Stitch n Bitch class that had restarted in Balham - you can find out more on our Facebook page here. I've knitted in the past thanks my gran teaching me as a wee lass, and I dabbled a bit last year, but i'd completely forgotten everything, including how to cast on.  So my friend Lucy and I joined the group and i've just completed my first project - the snood you can see in these pics!  It didn't start out as a snood. I just started knitting to get going again and I thought it was a bit wide for a scarf, so a snood it became.  And i'm pretty happy with the results.  Next project, a cushion cover.  More pics when i've finished, promise!









Can I just say how absolutely freeeeeeeeeezin it was on the beach - hence the lack of any other normal person on it.  I'm amazed we managed to get any have decent pics as most of the time was spent keeping my arms firmly together to stop them falling off!


The breakdown
Top: £1.50, Primark
Belt: £15-ish, Urban Outfitters
Skirt: £10.50, Primark
Boots: £10 (sale), New Look
Bag: £5 (sale), Peacocks
Gloves: present from mum, vintage
Snood: made by me!
Earrings: $20, Anthropologie


And I just wanted to add in this last shot of the man behind the camera, the Bot.  He's a tad camera shy.


Happy Tuesday lovelies xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, looks like you guys had a great time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely pictures, I love walking on the beach when it's cold, if you are all bundled up - you must have been freezing!
    Well done on knitting the snood, it's lovely. I'm learning to crochet - harder than I thought! worth it though.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! Lovely outfit!

    Thanks for your sweet comment! Your blog is gorgeous! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit!
    Thanks for stoppin by my blog darlin!
    Immie x
    http://ihlittlewhirlsofskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures!! Love your outfit!<3

    Stop by sometime! Maybe we could follow each other if you like!
    x

    http://mademoiselleconomist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx