Thursday, 24 February 2011

New obsession: head scarves


Ever since I wrote this post on head scarves i've been thinking a lot about how I don't wear them enough.  Hence this outfit, and this outfit from last week.  They really are the best way to disguise a bad hair day, and by bad hair day I mean every other day.  I try to only wash my hair every other day (it's better for your hair, non?) but I always find my fringe on day two is a little bit limp.  Enter the head scarf et voila, I feel instantly better (and talk in French, apologies, i'm definitely more of a franglais kinda gal!).



I actually picked this scarf up a few weeks ago at the vintage fair I went to. I think it was about £7 but best of all, it's covered in ducks!  I'll try and make sure I take a proper pic of the whole scarf next time so you can see the whole print cos it really is delightful.


View from behind - you'll see I pin the scarf in place at the back as this tends to hold it in place a bit better. Otherwise they tend to ping of my head, thus revealing my rather dodgy fringe, not a good look.


Breakdown
Head scarf: vintage, £7
Shirt: Primark, £10.50 ish
Jeans: BDG, $50 ish
Converse: via Schuh, £37


At a loose end tonight?  
Head over to Ayoka Charity Boutique in Bethnal Green -they sell amazing vintage clothes and homeware and on the last Thursday of every month they hold in-store gigs.  Dancing and shopping in one = heaven!
Oh, and all the money raised at the events goes to African Women's Welfare Association who support sufferers of sickle cell and thalassaemia. So you can shop for a good cause, even better.


Happy Thursday lovelies xx

7 comments:

  1. Love the scarf! Looks great, and great way to cover the bad hair days as you say.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!
    i have a couple of vintage scarves like this so i might try this :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to steal this look from you Clazza. You do it well. See you Saturday??
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the headscarf you were wearing last night x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so nice. and i love the retro look of wearing head scarves. great!
    hope you're having a wonderful week

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the head scarf! I've tried time and time again to get it right but I think they just don't suit me...they certainly suit you though, you look fabulous!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suits you perfectly!
    I couldn't live without them, I've gotten so lazy with my hair ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx