Friday, 21 January 2011

S/S 2011 top trend: braids

A braid (also called plait) is a complex structure or pattern formed by intertwining three or more strands of flexible material such as textile fibres, wire, or human hair. 

Ooo I do love a good braid. Anything that helps me turn a greasy and/or bad hair day into something beautiful is a winner in my eyes.  I also feel ultra-feminine and girlie with braids.

So this is another "trend-alert" for S/S 2011, and just as achievable as my last post on S/S 2011 - are you also noticing this trend towards more attainable and achieveable looks?  About time if you ask me.  Now I know summer is a long way off but I find this trend especially useful on those (rare) hot and sticky days, to keep my fringe from sticking to my forehead, nice.

 

Charles Worthington created this look for the Erdem’s S/S ’11 catwalk show
Aveda for Jason Wu
Leona rocked this gorgeous side-swept fishtail last year at the Love Ball in London - oh to have that much hair!
Lauren Conrad
Olsen does the Heidi

Bon weekends my lovelies - do you have any fun plans?  I'm off to spend a couple of days with my grandad - coal fires, fish 'n' chips and lots of stories about the war.  Wonderful. xx

4 comments:

  1. I love braids/plaits always look so pretty and relaxed.
    Great that they are hanging about for spring summer.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love wearing braids in my hair xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first picture! I always attempt braids and end up with a load of knots on the top of my head!
    Immie x
    http://ihlittlewhirlsofskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx