Thursday, 23 December 2010

People just keep feeding me nuts


Oooo, Christmas is so close now.  Are you getting excited?  I've pretty much bought all my presents, phew.  And i've even made my sister's skirt - did I mention that already?  If you follow me on Twitter then you'll already know but this year my sister asked me to make her a skirt.  Now I do make the odd piece of clothing (see some of my creations here) but I'm always nervous about making them for other people.  Also, I normally work with quite cheap fabrics, in the £2.99 per metre range.  But my sister wanted a Liberty print, so we're talking in the £19.95 per metre range.  Fooooook!  Anyways, it has been made, and i'll post pics in the New Year (well I can't ruin the surprise can I?).



 I love these little reindeers.  They were actually my dad's so of course that makes them even more special.  And the Bot created a little snow scene out of icing sugar - I was very impressed, ha ha!  

And the little fella at the top of the post is our nutcracker that we picked up in New York last Christmas.  They had these ads on tv featuring the nutcracker who kept saying, "Errr, people just keep feeding me nuts." in this weird little voice.  We found it hilarious but you'll just have to trust me on that one!



Do you like the new top?  I bought it from Hennes the other day - I just couldn't resist all the ruffles.  And it's not a colour i'd normally choose - it is terracotta? I'm not sure, but I like it and it's comfy and cosy.  Brillo.



An early Christmas present from my dear friend Hannah aka June






 The breakdown
Ruffle top: H&M, £12.99
Skirt: Primark, £10.50
Belt: Primark, £1.50
Shoes: Primark, £11.50
Necklace: Present
xx

9 comments:

  1. thanks so much for your comment! Follow me if you want!!
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love your outfit and all the Christmas decorations! Can't wait to see your sisters skirt :D
    following now :)
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's from Claire's and it was not expensive at all !

    You're gorgeous !
    Happy christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reindeers are so CUTE and the tree is lovely too ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the ruffles on your top and the belt coordinates perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello there, I simply adore your blouse, the ruffles are so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for your sweet comment. I see you are a fan of Miss Audrey, me too, she is the reason I moved to NY after high school. Consider me your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing the skirt... and LOVE those reindeer.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit, I hope you had a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of the top lady! Like a dusty salmon, very vintage...you know how much I love that ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx