Monday, 4 October 2010

Oh la la, it's so much better

Hello lovelies, how were your weekends?  


First of all I had to share with you this darling thank you picture my friend sent to a few of us last week.  How cute is she?  A few of us clubbed together and got her some John Lewis vouchers for her b'day as she'd just moved in with hey boyf, and she sent this to us on Friday.  How much better is this than a thank-you note?

...back to the weekend's activites. The Bot took me out for a delicious belated birthday dinner on Friday to Andrew Edmunds on Lexington Street in Soho. The restaurant is adorably small and intimate and the food was scrumptious.  We had salt cod fritters, pork belly (with fantastic crackling), steak and the most creamiest of cheesecakes for dessert.  The rest of the weekend was spent shopping for a bike and wishing goodbye to our friend Ruari who is off travelling on Wednesday - what is it with men turning 30 and setting off to travel the world at the moment, eh? Maybe that's just our friends then! Anyways, have a fab time Ror-dog, and keep in touch!

As you may or may not know I cycle to work most days - it's so much easier than getting public transport and as I live quite close to work it only takes 20 mins.  I've had my old Trek bike for 2 1/2 years but I feel it's time to invest in something a little...well...pleasing to the eye!  And so i'm after a retro/vintagey style bike.  Pashley is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of our price range (the Bot is v kindly getting me the bike for my b'day, thank you, thank you) but Dawes seem to have some great bikes and i'm thinking the Duchess could be the one - what are your thoughts?  





Can you recommend any other reasonably priced bikes? 
My criteria are:
- it must have a retro feel
- it must have a basket
- i'm pretty partial to a sprung saddle
- £300 or under



Happy weeks all xx

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and your post!
    There's a giveaway in our blog... To win a skull scarf by Alexander Mcqueen!
    http://rossettocioccolato.blogspot.com/2010/10/giveaway-alexander-mcqueen.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx