Friday, 3 September 2010

Fishy, fishy

I love a good phrase or quote, "As one door closes, another door opens", "everything happens for a reason" (excuse me while I rant but this is how my thought process works!). Well on Tuesday a really good friend of the Bot's (and mine), Paddy, packed up his bag and went travelling. He is taking the train from here to Cairo and then flying to Bangkok, Australia etc. etc. you know the drill. But as he left our little south London group, so an old friend has returned. By best friend actually! I haven't seen Anna for 2 1/2 years since she b*ggered off to Oz with a boy (isn't it funny the things we do for men. Sorry, that sounds misleading. She did actually want to go, i'm just thinking out loud, again). But she landed back on home soil yesterday and i'm seeing her tonight. She's only here for a month but i'm over the moon. She was my partner in crime for many, many years. If you lived around Clapham 2006-7 we frequented the Clapham North pub A LOT. Apologies. Yay for homecomings!






Dress: Vila Dusty via Oliver Bonas // Tights: Primark
Shoots: French Connection // Earrings: Claires
Ring: Market in Rome

So this is what I wore to Paddy's leaving do on Saturday night. I've had the dress for a little while now but not actually worn it that much. IT IS SO COMFY. And I love the fact you don't really need to do too much to it - whack on a pair of old black tights and some heels et voila, done. Oh, and the dress is on sale at the moment too, grab yourself a bargain. These are my fave, fave heels. My mum got them for me for my birthday last year (which incidently is in 2 1/2 weeks...ekk...28, doh). They add inches but sans the pain. Can you tell I favour comfort over style, a lot?

And on a completely random note, is anyone else going to Bestival this year? I cannot wait! The theme this year is 'fantasy' which leaves the interpretation wide open! Us girls thought it would be easy if we all went as Disney characters and although I had thought about re-using my Cinderella outfit from a few weeks back, i've decided to embark on a bigger challenge: making my own Ariel (Little Mermaid) outfit! I started on the tail last night and so far so good!

The fin part is made up of green satin and wadding (to make it fuller) and then i've sewn some sequins on. The rest of the tail is made up of the same green satin material but with an orangey mesh material to give it that 'mermaid sheen', as the lady in the shop said! Anyways, i'm hoping to get it finished in the next few days so i'll post a full outfit when it's done.

Have great weekends one and all - have you got any fun plans?

Love, love x



1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx