Monday, 9 August 2010

Badger hates Society, and invitations, and dinner, and all that sort of thing.


A rare shot of me smiling. I don't really tend to smile that much in my OOTD (Outfit Of The Day) shots as opposed to photos taken with friends. I guess I don't see them as posy, more showing off the clothes.
Anyhoo. I made this dress last year - it was the first time I'd made anything with a collar and it totally baffled me, but I love the end result. It's quite 50s in style and I love how with handmade stuff you can totally tailor it to your own body shape, so I made it really fitted at the waist (one of my better features) and allowed the dress to glide over my hips (best forgotten really). Isn't the coursage fun, you can't go wrong with a flash of yellow to cheer you up!



The Bot's parents' garden is full of the most gorgeous flowes.
This is actually a hanging basket that they picked up for £15!








Dress: Handmade by me // Coursage: Asos // Hat: Aldo // Shoes: Dorothy Perkins


Wow these weekends are flying by at the moment. I keep feeling like Christmas is going to be upon us before we know it!

Did you have a good weekend? I had a great one (I don't mean to boast, but it really was). You know how you always plan to do so many things on a weekend (tidy bedroom, go through wardrobe and donate clothes to charity, general sorting of life, etc., etc.) well I felt like this weekend I did everything I wanted to, without compromising on catching up with everyone, result!

We randomly woke up early on Saturday and so drove up to St. Albans to spend the day with my mum, helping her sort bits at the house which involved exploring the loft. Why are lofts such amazing places? A
haven of memories. I found this amazing vintage suitcase of my mums and some gorgeous photos of my mum and dad from when they were my age and 'courting'!

Saturday night we went out for my friend Wehrle's birthday. I'd like to pretend I can remember most of it, but I don't.

Birthday girl - isn't she lovely...

Me and the Bot
(he needs a little help with his smile every now and then)


Amazingly we woke up in good time yesterday and spent the day with the Bot's parents and hanging out in their amazing garden by the river. It's full of the most wonderful flowers, colours everywhere! The Bot's parents are retired and loving it - they've got amazing tans this summer and haven't even been away anywhere, just the garden! I love going to see the Bot's parents as they kinda remind me of me and him - they argue as much as we do! I hope we make it as long as they do, they're an inspiration.

Sorry for the rather long post, it seems to happen on a Monday, eh?!

Enjoy your day lovelies, the sun is shining today so enjoy it, tomorrow is not so full of joy!


1 comment:

  1. you've got talent my lady...that dress is adorable! love how you've styled it with the triby and corsage xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx